Everything I Need to Know, I Learned in the Corporate World
- Indecision is the key to flexibility.
- You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.
- There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.
- Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
- Sometimes too much drink is not enough.
- The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
- The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
- Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
- Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
- Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
- Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
- I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
- Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
- If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.
- All things being equal, fat people use more soap.
- If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
- One-seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
- By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
- The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.
- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
- This is as bad as it can get, but don't count on it.
- Never wrestle a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
- The trouble with life is, you're halfway through it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
- The first rats off of the sinking ship are the best swimmers.
- key - chave
- tracks - trilhos
- lack - falta de
- too much - muito
- enough - suficiente
- careful - cuidadoso
- nice - bom, legal
- worth fighting for - vale a pena lutar por
- dirty - sujo
- self-criticism - auto crítica
- fat - gordo
- people - pessoas
- soap - sabão
- shred - fragmento
- evidence - prova
- flatter - mais chato, plano
- wrestle - lutar
- pig - porco
- do-it-yourself - faça você mesmo
- halfway - metade do caminho
»» Ouça também o áudio deste texto ««
Assine a lista EFR
Esta lista veicula diariamente uma história, preferencialmente engraçada
(afinal, quem não gosta de uma boa piada?), ou uma citação. As histórias
estão em inglês, e as palavras mais incomuns são comentadas. Dessa forma
os alunos aprendem, todos os dias, duas ou mais palavras novas. Todos
os dias. Em um ano esse pequeno esforço diário pode vir a fazer uma